I earned my B.A. in English and Journalism from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX. I worked in PR after college, then spent time in Switzerland before moving to Washington, D.C.
I earned my M.A. in English from Georgetown University.
While I was in graduate school, I worked at Georgetown University Press as a publishing assistant. I proofread e-manuscripts, filed for copyrights, and created marketing content for upcoming publications. I also worked as a yoga instructor and as the manager for the Georgetown Writing Center. I found my passion for writing, editing, and creating flawless content while helping fellow students with their theses and dissertations.
I relocated to San Francisco for a position at Stanford University's Online High School, where I worked in online education communications, admissions and enrollment, email marketing, and website updates.
I currently live and work in San Francisco as a freelance writer and editor.
EXAMPLES OF PAST PROJECTS
- Edited and proofread university-level academic papers.
- Edited and formatted medical research reports to secure grant funding for breast cancer research at Lombardi Cancer Center.
- Email marketing and print collateral for online education programs.
- Health and lifestyle blog content
- Email and sales marketing for hospitality, lifestyle, and fitness
- Press releases
- How-To's and listicles
- eCommerce and product description for eBay
- Digital and print collateral for marketing campaigns