MARY ABIGAIL DEWEY
268 Cumberland St. San Francisco, CA 94123
2011-2013 Georgetown University Washington, DC
MA in English, May 2013. Digital Creative Thesis (E-Portfolio); Apprenticeship in Teaching Candidate
Summer 2009 Middlebury College Breadloaf School of English Middlebury, VT
2006-2010 Southern Methodist University Dallas, TX
BA in English. Double Minor in Journalism and Human Rights. Honor’s Program, Honor’s Thesis. Graduated Cum Laude. Recipient of Anderson Dedman and Godbey GLS Dedman Scholarships.
Professional Experience and Skills
05/12-Present Freelance Copy editing and Content Specialist Remote and On-Site in San Francisco
· Expert in proofreading, editing, project management, and copy writing. Past editorial and co-author work on dissertations, theses, medical research articles by Georgetown University Medical Center, tech blogs, and economic policy. Focus on content creation in marketing, tech, health.
· Contributing author to health and wellness blogs.
· Experience with SalesForce, Google Analytics, Umbraco, BaseCamp, WorkFront, and CRM tools.
· Copy and editing for marketing and sales-focused emails.
05/14-10/14 Student Services Officer, Stanford University OHS Palo Alto, CA
· Responsible for each step of student enrollment process: tuition payments, admissions, proctored exams, communications,
enrollment, scheduling and dissemination of course materials.
· Communicate technology instructions used by OHS, from Drupal, to Saba and Adobe Connect.
· Work with financial aid students and students with “significant pursuits” to fit their scheduling and academic needs. · Schedule exams, send transcripts, advise students on course placements and scheduling conflicts.
· Serve as front-line communication for all enrolled students and parents. Send out new student information, and guarantee a timely response to all course-related inquiries.
· Create student accounts, digital archive of student records and progress, and maintain database updates.
06/13-06/14 Program Coordinator, Stanford University Palo Alto, CA
· Provide excellent student service to all enrolled and prospective new students. Advise students on course selections. · Responsible for all administrative program coordination. Work with programmers to develop documentation on changing technology platforms and features used by OHSx.
· Schedule classes, manage student data, work with multiple software (PowerSchool, Saba, eCollege, BlueJeans, Microsoft Office, OpenEdX) to assemble coursework and class enrollment for approximately 450 + students.
· Manage communications, marketing, survey creation and feedback collection, processing of tuitions, refunds, and credits. Process expense transactions.
03/12-05/13 Program Coordinator and Tutor, Georgetown University Writing Center Washington, DC
· Manage all aspects of student services and client experience: scheduling, drafting and updating client reports, arranging
client profiles, and fielding questions and concerns.
· Supervisor for 18 undergraduate tutors. Interview, hire, and train student tutors.
· Tutor graduate students and PhD candidates from various academic departments: Biology, Economics, Foreign Service. Worked closely with ESL (English as a Second Language) students. Copyedit and advise on research content in diverse fields of study. Edit and update writing center website.
· Knowledge of APA, Chicago, and MLA style guides.
05/12-05/13 Publishing Assistant, Georgetown University Press Washington, DC
· Assist in the beginning, intermediate and final stages of publishing books from a variety of academic fields.
· Build a digital archive of author contributions, contracts and co-publications using relational database: FileMaker Pro. Digitize sales numbers for each quarter.
· Respond to copyright violations, prepare and watermark manuscripts using Adobe and Microsoft Office, create informational and promotional materials for upcoming publications. Register copyrights with the Library of Congress. Send, receive, and track the mailing (both digital and post) of book reviews and potential manuscripts.
· Edit e-manuscripts for correct grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and word choice.